Monday, November 12, 2012

CQJP 2013

I was discussing with a friend the other day why I enjoy the Block Swap Adventure. After a bit of thought, I decided this...Everyday in my studio, I make choices about design and color. No one else participates in these decisions. When I get a swap partner each month, I am given guidelines: what pattern to sew and what colors my partner prefers. So, then, it is all about creating something within those boundaries that I believe my partner will enjoy. I like this challenge.
This month, Nancy requested ANY block pattern in grays and yellows.


It didn't take much coaxing for a friend of mine to convince me to participate in the Crazy Quilt Journal Project 2013.
Actually, it took about as long as it took me to go to the site and read the rules :)

So, one block a month for 2013, 6" or bigger, and it doesn't have to be square.
I have already chosen two possible color schemes for the blocks I will construct and have some "crazy" ideas about venturing into something I've never done before.
Stay tuned!

Also, please don't forget the Quilt Raffle! The winner will be chosen on December 18th.
Tickets can be purchased 

No comments: