Sunday, December 30, 2012

Works in Progress

The holidays were absolutely crazy and wonderful. I was blessed to have all of my eleven children here. One day a year, they gather from all over to globe to celebrate being a family. We have named this day 
"Yay Day." This year, it took place on December 28th.
It was filled with reconnecting, spectacular food, games and skits, lots of laughter, and of course...
raspberry Lambic.
Now it is time to recover :)


I uploaded photos on Wednesday in hopes of creating a first ever "Work in Progress Wednesday" post. Well, that never happened. 
I have finally started embellishing the first Autumn Project block that I received.


I chose the second color grouping for the Jinny Beyer quilt. It took me a while, but I think I'm happy with it. I don't think I'll know for sure until I see the first block completed. That is often the way it is.


Finally, I have created my first set of blocks for the CQJP 2013. My thoughts are still rather up in the air. My tentative plan is to embellish the eight outer blocks and then do some bead work in the center block. As I look at this preliminary layout, I think the border fabric is way too busy, however, there is so much time between these humble beginnings and the time when these blocks will be ready to be assembled. I'll wait and see how this journey progresses.

I hope your celebrations were joyous and peaceful!
Happy New Year!!

2 comments:

Marjolein said...

Nice block! I love the way you have expanded the black pattern to the next patches.

Unknown said...

oh, I love how you started on Autumn block!! you are so good in continue fabric's pattern! looks very beautiful!