Sunday, August 26, 2012

More stars...


I guess I never really do get tired of stars. There are endless ways to construct them and endless fabric and color combinations you can use to piece them. Also, I never get tired of batiks!!!


I have finally finished all of the star blocks for the Millennium Compass quilt that will be a block of the month class at Cloth and Bobbin starting in October.


I find myself rejoicing in the beauty of all these vibrant colors. For this quilt, you need sixteen colors spanning the full color wheel...four for each quadrant. How much fun is that?


There are borders to come and several of them. Just picked out the fabric yesterday and can't wait to get started.


Here's wishing you a wonderful week ahead full of color and fun!

5 comments:

Indigene said...

Wow! These starts are gorgeous! :)

Unknown said...

Dear Zurn, your stars are amazing!! I love especially that with yellow center! wow! :)
and, ... oh oh... when I'll continue my stars?.... if we could have at least 8 or 9 days in a week.....
hugs,
Masha

Colleen said...

Your STARS are gorgeous I cannot stop studying this quilt! AMAZING!!!

Colleen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chris(craft) and Dave(photos) Richards said...

Hi Zurn, I have been looking through your blog and I am in awe....I would dearly love to make quilts but do not have a clue where to start !
You're work is amazing.....Can you recommend a good book to start me
off !
love and hugs
Chris richards
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx