Thursday, January 24, 2013

Indian Summer...


January is quickly coming to an end, and we are finally getting some winter weather in SE Pennsylvania with temperatures in the teens and the prospect of a bit of snow tomorrow. 
Days like this make me long for a fireplace.

Yesterday, as I was trying to finish up this Kaffe zig-zag quilt, I discovered that I had misaligned one of the borders. I spent most of last evening with my trusted friend, the seam ripper, correcting the problem.
Today the quilt top was completed, and I will attempt a better picture when the weather warms up a bit.
I have named it "Indian Summer."


This block for the Autumn Color Project 2012 is now finished and on its way to the
Republic of Moldova.


I am making progress on my CQJP 2013 project. I now have two of these mirror blocks and have started stitching the block that will sit in-between them. 
I went out bead shopping the other day, successfully gathering some new beads and ornaments that might make their way onto this wall hanging.


Tomorrow, I will let you know who will receive the jelly roll set of batiks. 
Until then, stay warm!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

oh..... I love colors on your CQJP block! and especially I love stitching in right bottom corner, - tiny stitches with beads and long stitches at opposite side... lovely!!!

Marjolein said...

Your choice of colors is excellent!

Cindy Falteich said...

They're mesmerizing--like watching fish.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love your zig zag. I'll have to try that version too!