Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Busy, busy, busy...


Although I haven't been in the blog scene for a few weeks, I have certainly not been idle. 
I had the extreme pleasure of spending time with my grandson while my
daughter and her husband were on the east coast for 2 weeks.
This little one was my constant companion for 2 days.
I miss him and wish they would all move back to the area.


I also spent time completing my second Marcia Derse quilt.


Just finished putting the borders on yesterday and delivered it to the store in the afternoon.


I also got to spend an afternoon with a my friend, Anne, of Orange Crumpled Napkin.
We were both working on our CQ blocks. 
This block of mine will be in the center of a 9 block wall hanging that I am
working on for the CQJP 2013. This is my first experience with the satin stitch. I was actually surprised at how tedious it is to get every entry and exit of the thread just right. When I was finished this part, I noticed one place where I could have added another stitch, but I'm not going to worry about it now.


These are the Japanese symbols for peace.
For most of my life, I have had one word that I cling to. A word that, when needed, brings me back to center when I am tottering. Balance was my word for almost 30 years. Now, it is
peace.


When I was going through all my batiks and cutting a 2 1/2" strip from each for my giveaways,  I made a pile of scraps and fat quarters. I had fun making these two 16" pillows. Other than the scraps, I only needed one FQ for the front and one for the back. They were pretty quick and easy.

Now that things have calmed down a bit with my schedule, I made a list of all the things I need to get done. Wow! The list is way too long.
Better get started...Happy sewing!

Stay tuned! Another giveaway coming up......

2 comments:

Indigene Theresa said...

Those colors are delicious! Your creativity is in abundance and that is truly wonderful!

Unknown said...

oh, I love those pillows!!!:)
and your quilt looks very interesting!
with love!