Saturday, March 16, 2013

Sorbetto Spring

I've been very preoccupied with the coming of spring. After several days of unseasonably warm weather, today, we had snow and hail. It is like spring to be this way...undecided and a bit wacky, but I like it. Spring is full of teases as the crocuses appears in the snow. I love these days.
So, it is no wonder that I chose to spend this week working in colors that remind me of this season. 


I think of the colors of cotton candy and the chocolate malted eggs I remember as a child in my Easter basket, those first spring flowers and the wet earth, listening to the birds chirping in the early morning telling me that it is time to wake up....and fresh fruit sorbetto.


It made sense to name this quilt "Sorbetto Spring."

2 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

That's just beautiful, and very 'springy' in looks. I like that you have made the central four pieces stand out.

Indigene Theresa said...

So beautiful and springlike! :)