Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Rainy Days...


Rainy days are great for sitting back, taking stock of what you've accomplished, and making some decisions about where you want to go from here. I recently discovered in my stash a bundle of eleven half yards of Amy Butler Midwest Modern fabric. At the moment, I'm thinking of making matching twin quilts. After doing all the calculations, I realized that I needed one more half yard and found a cute one at Cloth and Bobbin. So, this will be my current project.



Finishing some projects can be a bit embarrassing. In June of 2011, my mother was blessed with her first great-grandchild. My niece, Cybil, gave birth to a darling little boy. Cybil passionately loves water. She is an incredibly accomplished swimmer and surfer. She named her baby, Lake. He is now 7 months old and too big for the quilt I started last summer. Nevertheless, I finished it and plan to ship it to sunny California tomorrow.



I continue to have fun with the ribbon quilt. It's a meditative activity for me. Very simple....just one straight line after another with a startling outcome every time. Next class is tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to the challenge of discovering how all these fabrics will decide they want to go together :)



2 comments:

Dani said...

I LOVE the Amy Butler fabric! And Lake's quilt is soo cute!

Indigene Theresa said...

They are so beautiful!