Monday, February 27, 2012

Late February...

You know that feeling you have after a wonderful meal...full and content? That's how I am feeling as February quickly comes to a close. I finished the "Metro Goes Au Naturel" quilt, prepared the backing, and am ready to take it to the quilter. When the sun comes through my windows, it tends to drown out the true colors of my photos. This quilt is full of incredibly rich beiges, cool greys, and expresso browns set in black.


Here are the final borders...


Although I really don't want to buy more fabric and start new projects other than from my stash, I realistically admit that there will be times when I wimp out and buy something I have become visually attached to. One of the new Westminster fabrics that Cloth and Bobbin got in recently was irresistible to me. I found three coordinating fabrics and came home ready to dig into one of my new books called Japanese Taupe Quilts.


This book has patterns and instructions for 125 9" quilt blocks including 65 patchwork blocks, 40 applique blocks, and 20 combined technique blocks. Crazy, but I've toyed with the idea of working through the book one block per week which would only take me a little less than 2 1/2 years....but think of what I would learn in the process!


The first block I have completed with this fabric is called the "Overlapped Mountain." I think it stands beautifully on its own, but when you have a row of them, the interlocking nature of the block is really fabulous.


As of this moment, my thoughts are to make eight of these blocks set around a single block in the center....maybe applique? We'll see...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you create fantastic things! I love your color combinations!! and this black-grey-beige quilt is so beautiful and very cool!
hugs from Russia,
Masha