Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Just another day...

In my studio, my sewing machine faces this scratching post. I giggled one day when I looked up from my work to see one of my cats, Merlin, in this position. Out came the camera.


For the past several days, I have been madly prepping for a class I am teaching in April. It would have been easier if I had simply kept the patterns the original size, but no! I had to go and enlarge them to make them 8" squares. I tweaked some of the patterns, created cutting instructions, and printed foundations. Just finished...whew! You know those projects that you're just sooooo glad when they're done?


I finally made my next stash pick for a new project...you know that "eenie meenie miney moe" moment? A gorgeous stack of batiks in teals, rusts, and browns. I have decided what I'm going to do, but I'm not telling. I want it to be a surprise.


So, now I am off to Cloth and Bobbin to get the backing fabric for my "Three Bears" quilts. I'm so excited!

2 comments:

Indigene Theresa said...

Those colors make me feel so happy inside! I can't wait to see them in-person. You so rock!!!!!

Unknown said...

so funny cat!!! :)
and that batic fabrics are wonderful! so, will wait what you'll make from them!
hugs from Russia,
Masha