Thursday, March 15, 2012

My stash....

It's mid-March. A friend of mine has asked me more than once if I am putting a dent in my stored fabric. I just laugh and say, "I really need to send you a picture of my stash!" So, here we go. Most of my fabric is in my closet. If you can believe it, it is the ONLY closet in my house! Here are all my batiks sorted by color...


Here is a pile of batiks that I have no room for because all of my boxes are full...


Here are my other fabrics sorted by color. On the bottom of this shelf are two very large boxes: one for all my creams and whites and one for all my blacks and grays...


On another shelf, next to my jeans, are my fabric collections...


On the floor is a pile of Asian fabrics that don't fit in my box marked "Asian." On top of this pile are all the fabrics for a quilt I am making for my soon-to-be nineteen year old. The box holds the pieces that have already cut.


Here, in my closet on a small bookshelf, are piles of random stuff...


Now, we move out of the closet. Under my drafting table are more boxes. The top two boxes hold projects I am currently working on. The big box underneath is more unfinished stuff...and more stuff...


Next to all that is my box of "leftovers" that I recently organized...


Here is a drawer in my sewing dresser filled with....ok, yes, more stuff that I haven't finished. All my beige and browns are in the drawer underneath.


Ok, so that was really embarrassing! I guess you can understand why I want to finish projects this year. And, I must say, I am doing pretty well. Working hard...and having fun! However, I've told you in so many words that fabric is my addiction. I shared a picture earlier of some new fabric called "Cosmos" by Westminster that came into Cloth and Bobbin. Well, yesterday, I succumbed. Here is my new project....


Can you blame me?

1 comment:

Kathy S. said...

LOVE how organized your stash is. Welcome to the Block Swap Adventure!