Saturday, March 31, 2012

When plans change...

Today, I was supposed to have a monthly sewing day with a girlfriend. Unfortunately, she's sick with this nasty cold that's been going around, so we had to cancel. My 18 year old and I decided to go shopping at a small local Italian market, and she put this into the shopping cart...


Rainbow pasta bow ties from Italy.


While the water was coming to a boil for the pasta, she made garlic bread...


We had the pasta with homemade marinara sauce and freshly grated Parmesan cheese...and our family never forgets the pepper...

I have been fortunate enough to have my Star and Stripes piece quilted by Barbara Persing  http://www.barbarapersing.com/gallery.php Browsing her gallery is well worth it. Her work is absolutely beautiful!


Barb lives about an hour away from me, so I sent her the quilt and she mailed it back to me this week.Last night, at the ArtQuilt Elements opening http://www.artquiltelements.com/ , I had the pleasure of meeting her.


Her newest book called "Listen to Your Quilt" is due to be released by C&T Publishing in May.  http://www.ctpub.com/productdetails.cfm?sku=10850


Honestly, it took my breath away when I pulled it out of the box and opened it up.


Now, I need to decide how to bind it, and another project will be finished!


 A peaceful farewell to March...

4 comments:

Orange Crumpled Napkin said...

That quilt just shimmers and glows! I can't wait to see it in a couple weeks.

Indigene Theresa said...

Sounds like an amazing weekend, with great food, family and amazing art work! :)

Indigene Theresa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Indigene Theresa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.