Friday, June 01, 2012

Color, please!

"To read a poem in January is as lovely as to go for a walk in June." Jean-Paul Sartre

Anyone who knows me well knows that my favorite color is purple. The trim on my house is painted purple, and almost every flower in my gardens is purple. I absolutely love this time of year when all this color springs forth and greets me everyday. 


Walking around my house, even on the gloomiest of days, makes me smile. Flowers can take a very dark moment and turn it around if I let it. I simply have to give in to its beauty.


Today, I finished the snowball nine-patch using David Butler's Curious Nature line. I can't deny that I struggled a bit as I worked on it. So many one and one-half inch squares. I thought I'd go crazy!


In addition to the tedium of the construction, the monochromatic scheme left me running on empty. I was absolutely craving COLOR!


However, I must say that when it all came together, I appreciated its simply beauty. I'm hoping to find a border fabric that gives it a final touch....and then done.


Then, I gave myself just what I needed when I needed it most....a rainbow! These fabrics will become the next block of the BOM quilt that I will be working on over the summer. I wanted color? Well, color I got and plenty of it.


I can't wait to begin...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh, Zurn... your snowballs are really very nice, even with theirs monochromatic, but after looking the photos of this quilt, what a great contrast with COLOR!!! wonderful rainbow! it will be very beautiful!
hugs and love,
Masha

Indigene Theresa said...

We share a love of color! I always love your choices! :)