Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Sunshine...



So, the rain has finally left and brought with it a gorgeous sunny day...not too hot, not too humid. I would accept this all year long. It was a beautiful day to photograph the Aboriginal wall hanging that I completed last night.


After a heavy rain, everything is so green. It's very difficult not to smile and appreciate the earth we live on on a day like today.


As I was walking around the property looking for a place to shoot a picture, I realized that my lilies had begun to bloom. No matter how many years go by, I always get excited when my flowers show their beautiful faces.


I've said it before, but this quilt was a pleasure to make. Every step of the way, I looked forward to watching it come together. These prints are so great to work with. They present you with so many possibilities.


The colors really grabbed me, too. So rich and saturated....and the background blue looks like the sky today...bright with scattered clouds.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

lovely day, and lovely flowers!! very beautiful! and your new quilt is very original and interesting looking!
hugs and love,
Masha