Sunday, June 03, 2012

Color, thank you!


The colors live a remarkable life of their own after they have been applied to the canvas (or quilt).  
                                                               Edvard Munch

So, I wanted color? Well, I couldn't ask for more right now. I am a very happy person when I am surrounded and inspired by every value and every hue. I spend a small amount of every day on the internet being inspired by other artists of all kinds. When it comes to quilting and use of color, I am most inspired these days by Wanda of Exuberant Color. Check out her blog  http://exuberantcolor.blogspot.com/2012/06/gallery-tour.html

The next block for the BOM quilt is a variation of the color wheel. Everything is all cut out....


organized.....and ready to sew!


Before I got too involved in those blocks, I decided that I should begin the wall hanging that I've planned with the Aboriginal fabrics. I am loving every moment! Here are the first four blocks on my messy drafting table...


The block is called "Amber Stone" from Mary Jo Hiney's out-of-print book called Beautiful Foundation-Pieced Quilt Blocks.


The few things that make or break my day are three....my children, my art, and my dog, Mr. Darcy. There is no question that he rules this house and everyone in it. Nothing is sacred...he can go anywhere and do anything he wants, or so he thinks. He has recently decided that he wants to share my pillows. His dog bed doesn't quite suit him anymore. So when I crawl into bed at night...I get a face-full of dog-smell and dog-hair. The pathetic thing about it is that I don't mind. He is the love of my life. That's all!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mr. Darcy is very pretty! :)
and, so beautiful pieces are ready for your BOM block!... oh... :)
I should visit some fabric shop for preparation to Fall... definitely :)
never been too much fabrics....

hugs and love,
Masha

Indigene Theresa said...

Oh, so pretty! Every time I see Mr. Darcy, I want to dog-nap him!! He is the consummate gentleman! :)