Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

For me, Hurricane Sandy has come and gone, but, for so many, the effects will linger for a long time. The coast was hit hard, and the stats are pretty bad. I lost no power, and the only reminder of all the water is the large puddle in my backyard. This actually makes my River Birch very happy.


All day yesterday, I sat at my sewing machine working, listening to the increasing winds and rain, wondering when the power would go off. We were all prepared with candles and flashlights. The lights flickered on and off several times. We were convinced it was inevitable. We were very fortunate.


For the Autumn Color Project 2012, Tatyana from England had dyed so much fabric....enough to construct several blocks. So Masha, the lovely woman who put this project together, asked me to make some more blocks with the fabric, lace, and motifs that I had left.


So, yesterday, I put together three more blocks and STILL have fabric, lace, and motifs left over!


This week, all the blocks will be off to other parts of the world to be embellished.

My thoughts go out to all those affected by the hurricane...
The rebuilding begins...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

very interesting blocks! though, I "planed" a little another colors :) here is really very specific paints, but it could be interesting!

Anonymous said...

Hello! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.