Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Downton Abbey

Two out of the six quilts are bound. Now, that's progress. I love it. I got to sit quietly for two evenings while my daughter and I watched old episodes of Downton Abbey. We unashamedly admit to loving this British show. We just started back at the very beginning for the third time. Really! It is that wonderful.


So this is the Amy Butler crib quilt. Bright and cheery...


It measures 48" x 48".


It was a tough day to photograph because when I took the quilts outside, it had just started to rain.


This is the smaller of the two Transparency quilts that I completed. As I was binding it, I fell in love with it all over again. I'm even a bit tempted to keep it for myself.


The batiks are so rich and earthy...


and the overall feel is very calm and grounded. It makes me feel as if I am walking barefoot in the dirt, stepping over stones, sitting under trees....gazing up at the sky finding its way through the branches. It's a good feeling.


Generally, life is great. When you find a quilt that pulls you toward the good things that you love, whatever those things are, you just want to curl up inside it and savor those moments. I have a quilt on my bed that was made by my maternal grandmother. When I get under it each night, I am reminded of her and her life. That's a good thing.

1 comment:

Indigene Theresa said...

Oh, my I love them all, but those spring colors call to me! :)