Friday, April 27, 2012

Lovin' Fridays...


I generally wake up in a different frame of mind on Fridays. I'm not exactly sure what it is. My weekends are filled with much the same things: cooking, cleaning, and supervising school that didn't get finished during the week. However, Friday morning...those first thoughts when I become conscious and open my eyes, are different. First of all, I look forward to sleeping in on Saturday morning...staying in bed for a bit, reaching for a good book and reading before I start my day. The children and I enjoy staying up a bit later on the weekends watching a movie together. ..And there is no question that I get to be at my machine a little bit more than on the weekdays. That's makes me happy. So, right now, I'm lovin' Fridays!

One of my daughters is studying Japanese this year and really enjoying it. A recent assignment had her go to several Japanese food websites, pick a recipe, and make it. No surprise to me, she chose ramen, and off to the kitchen we went. Now ramen is not only delicious, but it is an absolutely beautiful bowl of food. She put in chicken, salmon, hard-boiled egg, and scallions. It was wonderful! You should try it...


The "Reflections" quilt now has a border on it, and I'm pleased with the result.


I went and picked out fabric for the back, and it's ready to go to the quilter.


The red and white fabrics are being used for the New York Beauty. The sixteen arcs are finished....four each of four different reds and four different white backgrounds.


I have two settings picked out, all cut and ready to sew...


Every quilt you make has a different feel...even as you work on it. Some give me a mellow feeling from soft subtle colors. Others are loud and bright and get me geared up like a cup of coffee. This one is simply fun...a cheerful, easy, kind of old-school feeling.

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh Zurn... your Japanese food looks very yummy!! thank you for idea! I should try it! really! :)
and, your quilts are perfect and beautiful as usual... I look to it every time as an exhibition :)
hugs from Russia,
Masha

Indigene Theresa said...

The food, the art, what a beautiful experience. :)