Monday, April 30, 2012

Marking...


There is something celebratory about marking events in some special way. It creates special memories or new ways of remembering. I feel like marking the last day in April by sharing this...


Since August of last year, I have had the pleasure of working with a wonderful group of women in my block-of-the-month class. The original quilt for the class sample was done in teal/purple/blue batiks. Then I decided that I would like to make a second block each month (with a totally different color scheme) along with my students so that what I was teaching was fresh in my mind. Thus began the brown star quilt. Very unoriginal name but I wasn't inspired. The inspiration might be coming...

The first quilt was set very traditionally. When I recently finished the twelve blocks, I thought I would set them in the same way but changed my mind. I really wanted something new. So, here it is. The twelve star blocks will be set around the circumference of this large starburst.  The pattern came from an old issue of Quilts with Style, 2006. I'm pretty excited about it.

Farewell, April.

3 comments:

Indigene Theresa said...

The colors are mesmerizing! :)

Unknown said...

very beautigul quilt!

Stosh -in Costa Rica said...

It is breathtaking. It reminds me of a Compass Rose somewhat. It is calming and mesmerizing. Thanks for sharing-
Stosh-in Costa Rica