Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Movin' right along...

At the end of March, I joined the Block Swap Adventure. It's a fun way to meet others quilters from around the world. Each month, you are given a swap partner. You each make a block for the other according to their color and design preferences. So, April was my first month. My partner's favorite colors are red and black. This is the block design that she chose...


I had some left over fabric, so I made another one for her...then off they went in the mail to Oregon. My partner for May is in Australia.


The top of the "Reflections" quilt is done minus the border.


Hoping to get this done and take it to be quilted tomorrow. This will be my first completed Judy Niemeyer quilt. I have another one in the closet that I needs a border...it's been in there for a very long time. Story of my life....


Also, with these fabrics, I get to make up a store sample for a future class...classic red and white.


And, this is my new stash pick....so excited about this one. This project is actually almost done. I hope to be sharing this one with you soon.


By the way, yes, wedding invitations are done and in the mail. My 27 year old son will be marrying his childhood sweetheart in July in Belgium. They have been dating for nine years....his first love! Sadly, he will be moving to Belgium, but I comfort myself with the thought that it's a beautiful place to visit.

1 comment:

Orange Crumpled Napkin said...

I love the Judy Niemeyer quilt colors. They are on my want to try list. I would visit Brussels all the time when I was stationed in Germany during the 80's. Even went there for their Dodentocht when my son's father participated. The Flemish are lovely people.